Black couples therapy online: Review of the best African American relationship therapists & counseling.
Perhaps you have a therapist in mind but are having problems finding them in real life. As an African American couple, it’s normal to want a Black therapist who will understand your needs and who you will feel comfortable with.
Black couples therapy online can be the solution to finding a high-quality therapist no matter where you live.
Best black couples therapy online – Regain
If you’re looking for Black couples counseling you might find what you need online through online platforms like Regain.
Regain offers a platform for couples therapists to offers sessions through live chat, phone calls, and video calls.
All of the therapists working on Regain are licensed mental health professionals that offer online sessions, so you can get quality counseling suited to your needs no matter where you live.
Get matched with a Regain black relationship therapist.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out this survey in it’s entirety.
Examples of African American relationship therapists at Regain
Jude is an African American Licensed Professional Counselor who provides symbolic experiential couples therapy specializing in the impact of stress/anxiety on relationships, past relational trauma, and communication issues.
He helps couples who struggle to cope with life changes gain meaningful tools to navigate life together. Jude is also experienced in addiction issues, divorce/separation, blended family issues, men’s issues, and infidelity.
Jessica is an African American relationship therapist with seven years of experience. Jessica will help you re-connect with your partner through compassion, honesty, respect, and healthy communication.
She uses tools such as Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, and Solution-Focused Therapy to tailor the session according to your needs as individuals and as a couple.
Jacqueline is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist that offers Black couples therapy online. She has over 17 years of experience working with individuals and couples over a wide range of issues including relationship issues, depression, anxiety, emotional abuse, and parenting challenges.
Jacqueline combines cognitive-behavioral and solution-focused therapy along with motivational interviewing, according to your needs.
Rabiia is an African American Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist that offers African American relationship counseling through Regain. She specializes in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), couple infidelity issues, and couple communication.
Rabiia has experience working with blended families and parents who have experienced the loss of a child. She uses a Structural approach to relationship issues with couples that works to strengthen the commitment and bond between the couple.
What is Regain and how does it work?
Regain is a mental health platform that offers Black couples therapy online. Regain focuses on couples counseling for individuals and couples together. All of the therapists on Regain have experience working with individuals and couples on issues such as attachment trauma, communication issues, dating, intimacy problems, and more.
To get started on Regain, you can choose a therapist you want to work with through the reviews page. Alternatively, you can let the website’s algorithm find an available therapist that suits your need.
Click “get started” and answer a few questions about yourself and the type of therapy you’re looking for. For example, will you be attending sessions by yourself or with a partner? Are you currently living with your partner? What type of issues are you dealing with in your relationship? You’ll also be able to state your preference for a therapist – do you prefer a man or a woman? Perhaps you would feel more comfortable with someone who considers themselves more liberal or conservative?
After answering these short questions, you’ll get an email notifying you when a therapist has been assigned to you. You can then send the therapist a message and set a time that works for you.
What makes black couples counseling sessions from Regain stand out?
- Regain hosts a large number of licensed African American therapists offering Black couples counseling. These therapists are Black Clinical Social Workers, Psychologists, Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists who have Doctorate or Master’s degrees in their field. Each one of them has at least three years of experience, in which they have completed over 1000 working hours.
- The large number of therapists working with Regain means that you can start your counseling process with a suitable therapist right away.
- The Regain platform hosts several options for your online African American relationship counseling. You can choose between phone calls with your therapists, live chat, or video calls, depending on your comfort levels and availability. Whether you’re sick at home or traveling, you don’t have to give up on your sessions.
- The flexibility offered with Regain means that you can suit your sessions to your needs. Whether you need extra-long sessions or several shorter ones, you can find what works for you.
- It’s easy to find an African American marriage therapist on Regain. All of the therapists listed on the site are licensed as marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, professional counselors, or Psychologists. Every one of them has at least 3 years and 1000 hours of work experience under their belt.
No matter which African American relationship therapist you choose through Regain, you will pay the same price: just $40 to $70 per week, billed every four weeks. You can pay through PayPal or with your credit card. You can easily cancel your subscription at any time.
Black couples counseling online is an excellent solution for African American couples who don’t want to compromise on finding the perfect therapist for them. Through an online platform like Regain, you can quickly and easily find a therapist that suits your needs.