Christian Sex Therapist and Counseling. The best counselor for sex therapy near me.
Sexuality is an important part of a marriage, and it brings up issues that you might not feel comfortable talking about to your priest, and yet you do not want your faith discounted when you turn to a professional like a Christian sex therapist. This article can help you find Christian sex counseling that will help you with what you’re going through.
When I look for Christian sex therapy near me, I turned to the Internet. After browsing long lists of names and recommendations that I then had to call individually, it occurred to me that I could use the Internet not only to find my counselor but to have the therapeutic process online.
To support the cost of our psychology-educated staff and IT development, we may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.
Best Christian sex therapy – Faithful Counseling
Faith Counseling is a website that brings together certified, experienced counseling professionals, who are also Christians, to make it easy for Christians to find quality mental health care. The professionals are all educated and experienced. The website offers a platform to have online sessions with your counselor – so you can find the perfect therapist for you, even if they’re on the other side of the country and in a different time zone.
Get matched with a Christian sex therapist.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out our survey in it’s entirety.
How does it work?
You start by answering questions about yourself and the kind of counseling that you are looking for. These questions will range from basic, like your age, to your current emotional and mental state, as well as the issues you’re currently dealing with. After you’ve answered the questions, you’ll get matched with a counselor, who will send you a message.
You can send them a message to set up a session whenever suits you. These messages are free. Together, you can decide when and how you will have your sessions. You can have as many messages and sessions with your counselor as you would like.
Consider also reading our post on Affordable Christian Counseling Near Me.
Why it is the best for Christian sex counseling?
- All the counselors are practicing Christians, spiritually informed, and have signed the website’s Statement of Faith. You don’t have to ask your counselor any uncomfortable questions about their faith – you know where they stand.
- The counselors offer a balanced, holistic approach – offering the best of both the mental health world and the spiritual world. God is invited into the conversation.
- All the counselors are certified social workers, psychologists, or licensed professional counselors. When you’re looking for a Christian sex counseling, you want your therapist to be professional and experienced.
- There are many counselors on the website, so you’re sure to find the right Christian sex counselor for you. If you didn’t click with your counselor, you can ask to switch. You won’t have to answer background questions again.
- It’s affordable – the rates for each session are lower than what you can expect to find in face-to-face sessions in most places across the country.
- You can choose between having sessions through live chat, phone calls, or video conference.
- You can choose when to have your sessions, and have them from the privacy of your own home.
- You can choose to have your sessions from your computer, laptop, or mobile phone.
- For some, video conferences aren’t a substitute for in-person counseling sessions.
- Not all of the counselors on FaithfulCounseling have experience in Christian sex counseling – some focus on other issues such as social anxiety or issues with family or work.
- In some cases, a stable Internet connection is essential (if you decide to go through video sessions).
FaithfulCounseling offers an easy payment method at affordable costs: You are billed monthly, so you don’t have to remember to pay before or after every session. You pay between 40 to 70 dollars a week, depending on the program that you choose.
Other Christian sex therapist Options? – Regain
Regain is another platform that is a part of the Better Help group. Regain focuses on marriage and couples counseling, so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a Christian sex therapist that you and your partner can see together.
Pros & cons of Regain
- All the counselors on Regain have experience with marriage, couples, and sex counseling, so you can rest assured that the topics that you will want to discuss are already familiar to them.
- Other than that, Regain shares many of the same Pros as FaithfulCounseling: it’s easy to use, offers flexibility in organizing your sessions, and it’s affordable. Like Faithfulcounseling, all of the therapists and counselors listed on the website are educated, experienced, and professional. All our certified and have a Master’s or Doctorate degree in their field. In fact, some of the same counselors are listed on both websites.
- Not all of the counselors on Regain are practicing Christians. You can emphasize that your faith is important, and they will do their best to match you with the right counselor, but it might take a bit of shopping around. Remember, you can always ask to switch counselors if you feel that the one you were matched with isn’t a good fit for you at this time.
- Regain doesn’t offer three-way video conferencing, so you and your partner will still need to be in the same location for counseling to take place.
Regain has a similar pricing package as Faithful Counseling – just 40 to 70 USD weekly, billed monthly. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
Conclusion on christian sex therapy near me
When I was looking for Christian sex therapy near me, I came across Faithful Counseling and Regain. Both offer good options. FaitfulCounseling promises Christian counselors, some of whom offer sex therapy or couple’s counseling.
All of the counselors on Regain have experience with couple’s counseling, but not all of them are practicing Christians. Both websites are worth checking out, to find the perfect Christian sex therapist for you.