LGBT affirming therapist near me. The Best LGBTQ friendly psychiatrist near me.
I gave up on the idea of finding an LGBT affirming therapist near me. I don’t live in a big city.
Good therapists seem hard enough to find in the first place. I wanted someone that I would feel comfortable with, someone who would listen and understand.
The idea of finding an LGBT psychologist, much less a queer therapist near me, seemed impossible. It isn’t, of course. LGBT people are in every profession. Many therapists are LGBT themselves or are LGBT friendly.
There are countless therapist that are LGBT affirming: accepting, understanding, and knowledgeable about issues concerning people in the LGBT community.
They’ll respect your preferred pronouns and never call you by your dead name. They understand issues regarding the LGBT community, but also know how to support LGBT clients in the mental health without assuming that their challenges come from being LGBT.
Once I knew what I wanted, and that it was out there somewhere, I decided that finding an LGBTQ friendly psychiatrist or psychologist was more important to me than the “near me” part. I had friends who tried online therapy and I was ready to try it for myself.
I decided to use Pride Counseling, a mental health platform that’s specifically geared towards the LGBT community.
Best service for LGBT friendly therapist – Pride Counseling
Pride Counseling is an online mental health platform that focuses on the LGBT community. Pride Counseling connects clients to LGBTQ affirming therapists.
Of the long list of LGBT affirming therapists on BetterHelp, a large number are queer therapists.
Get matched with a Pride Counseling LGBT therapist.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out this survey in it’s entirety.
How does therapy through Pride Counseling work?
You sign up to the Pride Counseling website by answering a few questions about yourself and your preferences. For example, you’ll be asked what your preferred pronouns are, and whether you’ve been experiencing depression or anxiety lately. You’ll also be asked if you prefer to be matched with a counselor from within the LGBT community. After you’ve been matched to a counselor, you can message with them and set up a session.
What makes it unique in regards to LGBT counseling?
- All of the counselors on Pride Counseling are LGBt affirming and have experience working with the LGBT community.
- You can speficially request a queer therapist, so that you might feel more comfortable.
- The therapists on Pride Counseling are all licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), or licensed professional counselors (LPC). All of them have a Masters Degree or a Doctorate Degree in their field. They have been qualified and certified by their state’s professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training and practice. While their experience, expertise and background vary, they all possess at least 3 years and 1,000 hours of hands-on experience.
- Pride Counseling offers a lot of flexibility in how sessions are held. If one long session a week doesn’t work for you, you can choose to have several shorter sessions. Sessions can be held through live chat, phone call, or video conference. You can have the sessions from your computer, phone, or tablet. You can have your sessions at any time, any place, whether you’re at home, travelling, or staying late at work.
- Pride Counseling protects your identity and privacy. You’re asked your preferred pronouns and your preferences are taken into account. In addition, you may choose to sign up using a nickname – you don’t have to use your real name at any point. And of course, the messages you send to your therapist are protected and encrypted.
- No more long waiting lists. Pride Counseling holds a large number of therapists, which ensures that you’ll be matched with someone quickly, who is available to see you. You can easily ask to change therapists if you feel that someone else would be a better fit for you.
- Pride Counseling offers quality care at an affordable price – cheaper than most face-to-face therapists.
Pricing for a LGBTQ friendly psychiatrist near me
A subscription for Pride Counseling costs just $40 to $70 per week, billed monthly. That includes your sessions, unlimited messaging with your therapist, and the use of the platform. Payment is done through credit card or PayPal. Of course, if you’re unhappy with the service, or just feel that you’re done with your therapeutic process, you can cancel the subscription at any time.
Conclusion – Finding an LGBT Affirming Therapist Near Me With BetterHelp
Pride Counseling makes it easy for people to find the lgbt affirming therapist that they are looking for. My LGBT psychologist is just one of the many therapists on Pride Counseling that are from within the LGBT community. I didn’t have hope to find a lgbt affirming therapist near me, but now I can see my queer therapist is near me all the time – just on my phone.