Therapy Services & Benefits for Online Couples Counseling Long Distance Relationships
We can all agree that being in a relationship is not always perfect. Especially when being in a long-distance marriage or couple’s relationship.
The more responsibilities in a relationship the more complex it gets.
You can’t deny that the value of having a healthy relationship with your partner grows exponentially with time.
Now more than ever us human beings live very complex lives and long-distance relationships become part of the norm for some.
The New Complex Norm?
According to Alicia H. Clark, PsyD, “Long-distance relationships (LDR) are proliferating, with an estimated 14 million couples defining their relationships as such and a staggering 75 percent of engaged couples reporting having been in a long-distance relationship at some point.”**
With the use of different technological social platform is so easy to get in touch with our loved ones and maintain a long distance relationship.
However, in cases where the couple is faced with challenges, communication might be difficult because this online form of communication can be easily ignored and disregarded. This will cause further problems for the couple and substantially weaken the relationship.
Unfortunately, there are many couples who refuse to pursue long distance marriage counseling or long distance relationship therapy as an option for several reasons. Some couples are ashamed or not comfortable to share their problems face to face with a therapist. Some may not be able to afford this kind of service. And some may be far away or do not have the time to go to the therapist’s office.
Get matched with a Regain long distance relationship therapist.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out this survey in it’s entirety.
Why Online Couples Counseling Long Distance Relationships?
Nevertheless, there is still a way that couples could get professional help, at the comfort of their very own home. Online long distance relationship therapy, is an innovative way of providing online couples counseling for long-distance relationships. That’s why it’s important to pick a professional, experienced and trusted online counseling team, like psychologyhelp.com and regain.us.
Online couples counseling long distance relationships works if you have the right team helping you achieve your relationship goals. Listed here are eight benefits of online therapy for long distance relationship counseling:
Benefits of Online Long Distance Relationship Therapy
1. Scheduling – Coordinating a session time with two partners and a therapist can be difficult for most busy people, often resulting in lateness, cancellation, and postponement. The ability to meet from anywhere, at any time makes it much simpler to find a time that works for everyone.
2. Familiarized Online platforms – The internet is a powerful tool for long distance marriage counseling. By using familiarize platform like Facetime, Zoom or Skype you can meet with your therapist in any place or any time improving your scheduling and time efficiency.
3. A More Relaxed Environment – For some, the cold, sterile feel of a psychologist’s office makes it difficult to open up about the most sensitive topics in their lives. Online therapy, however, allows them to attend sessions from spaces where they feel more at ease to open up, which can be far more effective.
4. Consistency – When it comes to counseling, consistency is key and that’s exactly what you get with online counseling services. When for some reason, a couple is unable to attend a therapy session with an in-person counselor, they often cannot make-up the session due to scheduling conflicts.
With online long distance relationship therapy, there’s much more flexibility to re-schedule since there’s no need to find a babysitter, leave work early or commute to the therapist’s office. Sessions can take place during your lunch break at work, from your home late at night or pretty much anytime throughout the day that you and your therapist can find a window of time to speak.
5. Effectiveness – The ability to engage in an ongoing conversation with the therapist via the private message board allows the couple to have “vent” sessions in real-time as issues come up and receive feedback and guidance from the therapist before the next live session.
6. Affordability – Many couples can’t afford regular marriage counseling because it can be very expensive. Add in the traveling and other expenses only make going for counseling that much inconvenient. It’s a good thing, compared to attending regular counseling sessions, the price of online couples counseling long distance relationships is much more affordable. And since you will be having the sessions at home, you save a lot of travel and on food expenses that you get by going to regular counseling sessions.
7. Privacy – Couples who do not want other people to know they are going through challenging times can receive counseling online in the privacy of their own homes.
8. Easy to review – Every couple’s session done online has proper documentation that the couples can open and review anytime. This will help them see if they are making progress with the help of the sessions. The documentation will also show if there are any changes or improvements in their relationship throughout the process of the therapy. They can also review the advice and recommendations of their therapist for each situation that they have discussed in the past.
On the whole, due to the long list of advantages, online couples counseling long distance relationships might become the best tool to optimize the efficacy of long distance marriage counseling or long distance relationship counseling.
Over the year’s relationships have been drastically changed by modern-day living, many couples find it very helpful to be able to get help online. It is an easy way to provide these much-needed services to couples all over the world who cannot avail of regular counseling services.
Not only does online long distance relationship counseling help you to improve communication, handle conflicts, gain mutual respect, enhance intimacy and lay a strong foundation for your relationship or marriage. It also enables you to achieve all the above while sitting in the comfort of your home and at your leisure. In the end, just remember: “Maintaining any relationship requires patience, creativity and a lot of trust.”
**“Long Distance Relationship Statistics – Statistic Brain.” Miss Your Mate, Loving From A Distance, IVillage, publishing as Statistic Brain. September 14, 2017. https://www.statisticbrain.com/longdistance-relationship-statistics/
We prefer to speak to someone first before giving our credit card and start paying. Is it an issue that one of us lives in Oregon and one in CT?