Transgender Therapist Near Me. The Best Gender Counseling You’ll Find.
Whether you identify as transgender or you’re questioning, the process of deciding whether to undergo gender reassignment is never easy.
It doesn’t matter if you’re male to female or female to male, there are a lot of considerations. There is a high emotional toll, and support is essential.
Finding good gender counseling near me
Unfortunately, many trans people don’t have the support you need. It’s essential to have a trained professional hold space as you navigate these waters. A good gender therapist will help you work out your feelings regarding your gender, help you decide if you want gender reassignment surgery, help you deal with coming out to your friends and family, and more.
However, there’s a high stigma and sadly it can be difficult to find a good therapist who is also knowledgeable about gender identity issues.
When I searched for gender counseling near me or a good transgender therapist near me, there weren’t many options. I can only imagine how difficult is it for those that are younger and live in more rural areas.
Luckily, the Internet has been providing us with some quality solutions to find a gender therapist that will help us in the long road to gender reassignment.
To support the cost of our psychology-educated staff and IT development, we may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.
The Best Service to Find a Transgender Therapist Near Me
When I couldn’t find quality gender counseling near me, I turned to the Internet. After researching my options, I came across Pride Counseling, an online therapy platform. There, I found not only online counseling from LGBT therapists but also a transgender therapist near me.
Get matched with an gender therapist.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out our survey in it’s entirety.
Pride Counseling – The Best Service for Gender Counseling Near Me
Pride Counseling is an online therapy platform that specializes in mental health care for the LGBT community. The platform offers a listing of a large number of counselors and therapists, all qualified to work in mental health, and all with experience working with the LGBT community. Many are LGBT themselves. The platform offers the opportunity to find a mtf therapist or a ftm therapist, depending on your needs. The counselors vary in their treatment approaches. Some are more experienced working with specific issues (such as anxiety or relationship issues), while others have certain areas of expertise (such as CBT or mindfulness-based approaches). Whatever it is you’re looking for, you’re likely to find it on Pride Counseling.
How Does It Work?
When you first sign up for Pride Counseling, you’ll be asked to answer a few questions about yourself and the kind of therapy that you’re looking for. You’ll be asked questions like how you identify, what your preferred pronouns are, and your sexual orientation. You’ll also be asked about your physical and mental health and whether you’ve been to therapy before. This is so that the website algorithm can find the therapist most suited for your needs. For example, if you’re dealing with depression, you’ll be matched with someone who has experience in that area. Once you’ve answered these questions, the website’s algorithm will match you up to an available therapist who matches your criteria.
Why it is the best?
- All counselors listed on Pride Counseling are experienced mental health care professionals. That means that every single one of them is a psychologist (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapist (LMFT), clinical social worker (LCSW / LMSW), or licensed professional counselor (LPC).
- All counselors listed on Pride Counseling specialize in the LGBT community. That means that they’re knowledgeable about issues regarding gender and sexuality, and they are comfortable discussing these issues.
- Have sessions from home, or anywhere else. Online sessions mean you can choose to have your sessions anywhere you’d like. You don’t have to take a bus or look for parking or ask your parents for a ride. You can also keep having sessions when you’re traveling or are unable to leave the house.
- Laptop, phone, or tablet. You can choose to walk around as you talk to your therapist on the phone, or curl up in your bed for more comfort.
- You can send unlimited messages to your therapist, and choose whether to have your sessions through live chat, phone call, or a video call.
- If you feel that the counselor that was matched to you isn’t the right fit, you can easily change your counselor, without needing to answer your introduction questions again.
- Choose your time. Are you a night owl? With Pride Counseling, you can choose which hours you want to have your sessions. You can even choose a therapist from a different time zone.
- Anonymity. With Pride Counseling, you can choose to sign up with a nickname. That option, in addition to the option of having your sessions done via live chat or phone call, means that you can choose to remain anonymous to your therapist, so they wouldn’t even recognize you if you walk by them on the street! If you’re worried about your safety or privacy or are just dealing with anxiety, this option can be a blessing.
- Affordability. Another great advantage to online therapy is that it’s often cheaper than in-person sessions.
Pride Counseling offers affordable counseling, at just 40 to 70 dollars per week. You’re billed monthly in a subscription-based format. Your subscription pays for use of the platform as well as unlimited sessions with your counselor. Of course, you can choose to cancel your subscription at any time. You can pay for your subscription through Paypal, or use a credit card.
Whether you’re looking for a mtf therapist or ftm therapist, you have a higher chance of finding them on Pride Counseling. Finding a good transgender therapist near me isn’t easy. A website that offers mental health care for the LGBT community is an essential step to ensuring that everyone has access to a good online gender therapist.