Best sexologist near me and my location. Here’s our recommendation for a clinical sexologist Doctor.
Sex is an important part of a romantic relationship, and yet it’s usually the first place that suffers damage when issues in a relationship appear.
Stress, mismatched libidos, raising children: there are many factors in daily life that can negatively impact a couple’s sex life.
Here at Psychology Help we highly recommend using Regain. They have dozens of online sexologists with years of experience and are available as soon as you sign up.
We’ll cover Regain in detail in another section, scroll down to jump to it now.
Seeing a clinical sexologist can help couples navigate these issues in a healthy way. Sadly, good clinical sexologists are not always easy to find, and they often have long waiting lists.
Online mental health platforms makes it easier to access mental health professionals that will help you improve your intimacy and sex life. That’s how we’ll recommend the best sexologist near me or my location so to speak.
To support the cost of our psychology-educated staff and IT development, we may receive compensation if you sign up for online counseling services we recommend.
Best sexologist service online – Regain
Regain is a mental health platform that connects therapists to clients who are looking for therapy sessions on issues regarding relationships, intimacy, or sex and sexuality.
Regain makes it easier to find a clinical sexologist who can help you with your issues, wherever you are in the world.
The Regain platform offers several options for online sessions (live chat, phone calls, or video call) as well as unlimited messages with your counselor.
Get matched with a clinical sexologist near me.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out our survey in it’s entirety.
How does it work? Finding a Clinical Sexologist Near Me on Regain
When you arrive at the Regain website, click “Get Started”. There, you will need to anwer a few questions about yourself and your relationship.
For example, you will answer whether you currently live with your partner or not. You’ll also be asked which benefits you’re looking to achieve with your sessions. Here, you can choose “improve our sex and intimacy” if that feels right. You don’t have to choose just one – you can pick several options here.
When you’ve finished answering the questions, you’ll be matched with one of the Regain therapist who matches what you’re looking for.
Then, you can message each other and set up a session. Once you set up your payment details, you can start having sessions. If for any reason you don’t feel a click with your therapist, Regain makes it easy to switch.
What makes clinical sexologist sessions from Regain stand out?
- All of the therapists on Regain are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFT), licensed clinical social workers (LCSW), or licensed professional counselors (LPC or LPCC). All of them have a Masters Degree or a Doctoral Degree in their field. They have been certified by their state’s professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training and practice. While their experience, expertise and background vary, they all possess at least 3 years and 1,000 hours of hands-on experience.
- The therapists on Regain are all specialised and experienced in relationship therapy, including all matters of sex and sexuliaty. The understand how sex influences emotional intimiacy in a relationship, and vice versa. They have a wide variety of tools and skills to help you improve your communication and understanding of your partner, leading to a more fulfilling and enriching sex life.
- You can choose to have individual sessions, partner sessions, or both. If you’re unsure, you can start with individual sessions and add your partner later on. You and your partner can see the same sexologist doctor even if you’re in a long-distance relationship.
- Online sexologist sessions with Regain offer flexibility to have sessions whenever and wherever suits you. It doesn’t matter if you’re travelling or at home in bed, on your phone, tablet, or laptop – you can still have your sessions.
- There’s also more flexibility in the length of a session. Do you prefer one extra-long session, or several short check-ins during the week? Meeting with a sexologist online allows for a lot more freedom.
- It’s each to protect your privacy and confidentiality. When you sign up to Regain, you can choose to sign up with a nickname instead of your real name. If you feel shame or anxiety discussing certain issues, you can opt for live chat or phone sessions instead of video calls. Your counselor doesn’t have access to identifying information about you or your payment details. And of course, the messages back and forth with your counselor are always encrypted and protected.
- There is a large number of therapists working with Regain, which means that you’ll be matched with a sexologist doctor quickly. No more long waiting lists: you can receive help from an experienced sexologist when you need it.
Regain offers a subscription-based payment plan, which costs just $40 to $70 per week, billed monthly. You can choose to pay through credit card or use PayPal. You can choose to cancel your subscription at any time.
All of the payment process is done through Regain, so you don’t need to discuss it with your therapist at all. That means you can focus only on whats important in your sessions.
What is a clinical sexologist doctor?
A sexologist is someone who has studied human sexuality. A clinical sexologist is a mental health professional who helps guide others through their issues regarding sexuality and intimacy.
The best sexologist will understand the various variables that can influence our sexuality. For example, a person who grew up with parents that didn’t allow them to express anger might have learned to suppress emotions and never ask for anything.
This can translate to discomfort expressing sexual needs. Work stress or disagreements regarding the distribution of chores can affect the amount of physical intimacy someone will desire with their partners.
Physical and mental health issues, such as vaginismus, recurring yeast infections, anxiety, chronic pain, and more, can all play significant roles in one’s sex life.
Therefore, a sexologist won’t just address the physical act of sex, but all the emotional and practical issues that can influence sexuality.
Conclusion: How To Find the Best Sexologist Near Me or my location?
Sessions with a clinical sexologist can help couples work out issues such as shame regarding sexuality, mismatched expectations regardign frequency of sex, and more.
A good sexologist will help both partners feel heard, and offers tools to help improve the quality of sex.
An online platform like Regain makes it easy to find a qualified sexologist and have sessions that will maintain your privacy, no matter where you live.