Blended family counseling near me – Your best therapy option for family counseling for blended families.
Blending families should be done with extreme sensitivity. Some issues that children in a blended family can be dealing with include refusing the accept the authority of a stepparent, jealousy between stepsiblings, and struggling to get used to a new home.
If you don’t deal with these issues early on for example with blended family counseling near me (you), they can fester and grow. Soon, fights may become common. In young children and teenagers, behavioral problems can appear.
Young children may even regress to earlier developmental stages. Blending families isn’t easy for adults, either.
Besides the everyday challenges of raising children, you have a new relationship to consider, and new children who have their own needs and habits.
Family counseling for blended families can help you achieve your goals in blending your family successfully.
There are many different options for blended family therapy. One easy option is to use online therapists. This way, different family members can see the same counselor, even if they stay in separate houses or even if they’re hours away.
Best service for blended family counseling near me – Regain
Regain is an online mental health platform that specializes in relationship and couple’s therapy. If you’re a couple where one or both partners has children, step family counseling with Regain might be the right option for you.
Get matched with a Regain blended family therapist.
Effective, convenient, and affordable online sessions. Start by filling out this survey in it’s entirety.
How does step family counseling with Regain work?
When you sign up with Regain, you’ll answer a few questions about yourself and your relationship status.
Here, you can say which issues you’ll want to work on: for example, “discuss issues around raising kids.” Don’t worry; you don’t have to choose just one issue for your step family counseling. You can also choose to work on topics such as “reduce tension,” “improve our communication,” and “get to a more fair workload.”
The website has a sophisticated algorithm that matches you with an available therapist who fits your preferences.
Once you’ve received a message that you’ve been matched with a counselor, you can message them, ask them questions, and set up a session.
What makes blended family counseling from Regain stand out?
- All of the counselors on Regain are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (Ph.D. / PsyD), licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFT), licensed clinical social workers (LCSW), or licensed professional counselors (LPC or LPCC). They all have a Masters Degree or a Doctoral Degree in their field and at least three years and 1,000 hours of hands-on experience.
- All of the counselors on Regain have experience working with relationship therapy. They know how to help couples achieve their goals together. They understand the complex dynamics involved in blended families and will help you navigate them.
- Many therapists are working with Regain, which means that you’ll be matched up with a therapist right away – no more long waiting lists! If you don’t get along with your counselor for any reason, you can easily ask to switch, and Regain will match you with a new counselor in no time.
- Regain takes your preferences into account. When you sign up, you can specify if you prefer a Christian counselor, an older or younger counselor, male or female, and conservative or liberal. You can also choose from several spoken languages.
- Regain’s online platform offers your more flexibility than traditional face-to-face sessions. You can choose between having your sessions through live chat (no video or audio), phone call, or video conference. That means that you can have your sessions wherever you are – at work, home, or while traveling. You can choose to have your sessions through your laptop, phone, or tablet. You can choose to have session one long session a week or break up your session into several shorter check-ins during the week.
- You can start your therapy sessions individually and choose to add your partner or family member as time goes by.
- Regain offers quality mental health care at affordable prices. Because the therapists can work from the comfort of their own home, Regain can offer sessions with qualified professionals that are cheaper than traditional face-to-face sessions.
For just $40 to $70 per week, you receive sessions with your counselor, unlimited messages, and use of the platform. You’re billed monthly and automatically, so you don’t have to discuss payment with your counselor or remember to pay. You can choose to pay through credit card or PayPal, and of course, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Best Christian service for blended family counseling – Faithful Counseling
Faithful Counseling offers family counseling for blended families who are Christian and are looking for Christian therapists.
All of the counselors on Faithful Counseling are licensed and experienced mental health professionals. What sets Faithful Counseling apart is that all of the therapists listed on the site are practicing Christians who have agreed to the website’s Statement of Faith.
Pricing for blended family therapy with Faithful Counseling
Faithful Counseling has a similar subscription-based payment model as Regan. You pay $40 to $70 per week (billed monthly) and receive access to the platform, messaging your counselor, and sessions. The online subscription program is easy to use and to cancel at any time.
Conclusion: Online family counseling for blended families
Family counseling for blended families can help you solve many issues that will naturally come up when you blend two families.
It’s not easy for children to cope with a new family – a new step-parent, a new home, and new siblings. It’s especially tricky if the divorce or death of a parent is still recent in their mind.
Dealing with so many changes at once can be traumatic for a child, and a professional can help you as you learn to navigate these changes together.
Blended family therapy can involve the whole family, the couple or parents together, or each family member individually.
You’ll learn invaluable tools for better communication and effective problem-solving. Your therapist will help you understand what other family members are going through and help make everyone feel heard and understood.
Don’t wait until problems arise – attend family therapy before you blend your new family.